Badam ka Hareera is an authentic beverarage that is very common is Hyderabad. This is a thick beverage which is flavoured up with Cardamon,Rose water and clove and is naturally coloured with saffron.It is usually served during breakfast and I have even heard that this hareera is also made during Ramadan time as it has a lot of Royal ingredients. It gives instant energy and it is much more refreshing to start a healthy day!! Ofcourse perfect winter drink.. It is winter season now and to start the day with the this drink is always a comforting. Almonds are known to have great medicinal value rich source of Vitamin – E,Calcium,Phosphorous, Iron, Magnesium, Zinc and Copper. Almonds are rich in fiber and it aids weight loss too. So start your day with this drink and get energy for the whole day!!
Preparation time – 5mins /Cooking time – 15 mins / Serves – 2
All purpose flour – 1tsp
Ghee – 1tbsp
Milk – 2cup
Saffron – 10 strands
Rose petals – for garnishing
Pistachios – 1tbsp (silvered)
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Clove powder – a pinch
Rose water – 1/2tsp
Salt – a pinch(optional)
1. Soak the saffron in hot milk and keep this aside. Grind the almonds into fine powder and keep this aside..
2. Heat ghee in a pan and roast the all purpose flour in low flame until it emits nice aroma and the color of which turns golden. Take care not to burn the all purpose flour.
2. To this add in milk and the ground almonds. Boil them in low flame for another 10 mins so that it gets nicely cooked. Stir them frequently. Half way through add in the saffron milk.
4. When the milk has thickened and when the raw smell goes off,add in the required quantity of sugar. Mix them well again and allow to boil for another 5mins.
5. Lastly add in the rose petals,rose water,cardamom powder,clove powder,silvered pistachios and a pinch of salt. Mix them well.
Hyderabadi style – Badam Ka Hareera is ready to serve.. Serve hot..Top up with some rose petals and silvered pistachios.
1. Adjust the sweetness as according to your taste. For garnishing, you can add any nuts of your choice. Normal sugar can be replaced with condensed milk too.
2. Roast the all purpose flour until you get a nice aroma. If the all purpose flour is not cooked properly then the flavor of the kheer will not be good.
3. Do not add the all purpose flour than the given amount else the kheer turns like a custard.